Monday, February 14, 2011

Mondays

I've got a bad case of the Mondays. Not only did I wake up late and with muscles aching (right before my practical exam today too!), but I also had to wage war against my coffee machine as I hurried to get out the door!

My cheap machine sometimes folds the filter over, causing the grinds to drip out with the rest of the coffee. On the filter cup, there's a little stopper, so coffee won't drip unless the carafe is underneath it. Being the smart girl I am, I figured that if I poured the coffee back into the barrel with the filter, I could filter the grinds out... Bad idea.

Coffee maker = 1, Alice = 0

The stopper didn't work for jack! Instead, I ended up with coffee spilling onto the warmer and as I struggled to find something to put underneath the machine, there was coffee all over the kitchen counter! Now I was already 5 minutes late and there was a brown drippy mess to clean up.

So I guess this means war.

No comments:

Post a Comment