Tuesday, February 22, 2011

deceit

I went to Target last week to purchase bath tub cleaning supplies. Of course I walked out with 5 other things that didn't have to do with Lysol or Scrubbing Bubbles. As I stood in the check-out, I was tallying up my purchase to see how much the total would come out to be. In efforts to save money, I asked the cashier to take back the pint of coffee Haagen Dazs that was finally on sale.

In my head, I rationalized, 'Even if it's on sale, it won't be worth adding the extra $3.25 to the bill.'

As I was paying for my order, the gentleman behind me laughed to himself and told me, "You have so much self-control. Most ladies don't..."

Self-control? It was more of an effort to save money. Haha! I think the world is trying to tell me something...


No comments:

Post a Comment