Wednesday, September 15, 2010

These empty pockets

What no one talks about when in any professional school is how hard it is to live off loans. You see, whatever you use to pay for rent, groceries, school supplies, restaurant dinners all comes from someone else's pocket. Every time I open my wallet, I'm reminded that I'm living off someone else's money. What's even worse is that my life these four years will be paid with interest over the following 25 years. It's definitely something that I can't seem to get over, even though I'm a quarter of the way through.

Tonight is one of those nights where I'm feeling a little nervous and panicked. Although I've tried to bring my living expenses down (my rent got cut by about $75 by moving to Hollywood), the cost of my materials for this semester and the new federal loan policies (that tack on ridiculous fees for taking out loans) have put a HUGE dent in my "someone-else's" wallet. Maybe it's time to find a part-time job (and find/make the time for it) or join the army...

God, please help me to trust that You'll provide enough to make it through this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment