Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Growing Ripe

My heart was broken this weekend.

No, I didn't break-up with my boyfriend or anything (fyi for all two of my readers!), but something happened that seriously left me disheartened and even shook my faith in my relationship. Honestly, something in me made me want to leave what we have and just quit.

Although I won't disclose details (hello, world wide web!), I will say this: I'm learning the importance of wrestling and even crawling through times of hardship. Although the sinful and selfish part of me wants to start running the other direction as fast as I can, the part of me that is attempting to be godly and trying to cling tightly to what righteousness may mean convicts me to stay. Even if there's an incorrigible mess, it's sanctification that's stopping me in my selfish tracks, ordering me to be patient, to work through the mess, and to perform damage control together.

Love does wash over a multitude of sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment